Registration for the next USB-IF Compliance Workshop is now open and available at http://www.usb.org/app/members/events/. The workshop will be held November 10-14, 2014 at the The Westin Taipei. To attend, your company's USB-IF membership must be in good standing.
Please review the important event information below.
The Westin Taipei
133 Nanjing East Road, Sec. 3, Taipei 104, Taiwan R.O.C.
Event Dates: November 10-14, 2014
Hotel Reservation Deadline: Monday, October 27, 2014
Certification testing WILL be available for the following products:
· SuperSpeed End Product Hubs (using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed hub silicon)
· PCs; Notebooks; Motherboards with SuperSpeed capable ports (using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed silicon)
· SuperSpeed peripherals and peripheral silicon
· SuperSpeed Compound Device (with exposed downstream ports using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed silicon)
*NOTE: SuperSpeed Compound Devices with exposed downstream ports must register as a SuperSpeed Compound Device. Like hub vendors, compound device vendors are required to reserve a hotel room to serve as their test suite for demonstrated interoperability testing with visiting peripheral vendors for the duration of the workshop. Compound devices that do not meet this requirement will not be eligible for the Integrators List.
SuperSpeed USB Certification Testing
There will be certification testing available for the following SuperSpeed USB products.
- 1 SuperSpeed Peripheral (peripheral and peripheral silicon)
- 1 SuperSpeed Host (For Certification: PCs, Notebooks, Motherboards with SuperSpeed capable ports must be using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed silicon)
- 1 SuperSpeed Hub (using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed hub silicon)*
- 1 SuperSpeed Compound Device (with exposed downstream ports using CERTIFIED SuperSpeed silicon)**
* NOTE: Space is limited for SuperSpeed Hubs. Please register for the waitlist. Priority will be provided to those who are seeking SuperSpeed end product hub certification (must have certified SuperSpeed hub silicon). Informational only testing will be given second priority. We will notify you when your registration has been accepted and moved from the waitlist.
** NOTE: Compound devices with exposed downstream ports must register as a SuperSpeed Compound Device. Like hub vendors, compound device vendors are required to reserve a hotel room to serve as their test suite for interoperability testing with visiting peripheral vendors for the duration of the workshop. Compound devices that do not meet this requirement will not be eligible for the Integrators List.
PRETEST REQUIRED: A pretest is required for all products seeking USB-IF Certification. Please remember to submit the required reports so we can move your registration from submitted to completed. Only completed registrations may attend the workshop. Pretest instructions are located on the workshop event page.
A limited number of testing slots are available. Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Each member company representative may register the following:
· Up to one (1) SuperSpeed peripherals
· Up to one (1) SuperSpeed USB host or hubs.
· Up to one (1) SuperSpeed Compound Device (with exposed downstream ports)
· SuperSpeed USB testing will be held Tuesday - Thursday 8:00AM -6:00 PM and Friday 8:00AM- 3:00 PM.
· USB 2.0 Host and Hub testing will be held Tuesday - Thursday 8:00AM - 6:00 PM and Friday 8:00AM- 3:00 PM.
· USB 2.0 Peripheral testing will be held Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00AM - 6:00 PM.
USB 3.0 Hub vendors with exposed downstream ports will need five (5) samples of the registered product and two (2) company representatives to attend for testing purposes.
Vendors with compound devices will need two (2) samples and two (2) company representatives to attend for testing purposes.
The registration form will reject attempts to register after the registration limit has been reached. Once testing slots have been filled, a waiting list will be started. Products on the waiting lists are NOT guaranteed a testing slot.
Vendor-Hosted Test Suite Form:
The purpose of this form is to get your Vendor-Hosted Test Suite placed on the correct testing floor and space appropriately to prevent testing interference. Please fill out and submit your completed form to the USB-IF via fax at +1(503) 644-6708 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 27, 2014.
· Faxing in this form does NOT register you for the event. To register for CW#93 please visit https://www.usb.org/members/events/.
· Completing this form does NOT make your sleeping room reservation for your suite. For information on how to make your vendor-hosted test suite reservation and general attendee sleeping room reservations please read below.
Making Your Room Reservations:
Please make your hotel reservation using the hotel event reservation page at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/USBIFComplianceWorkshop93. Use the FIRST and LAST name you listed on your Vendor-Hosted Test Suite form if you are required to host a suite so we can find your reservation and place you in the correct room.
The hotel cut-off date is Monday, October 27, 2014. We recommend you make your reservation as early as possible. This will help ensure your ability to get a room, as the hotel has been known to sell out. Once the group block is filled, rooms will be available at the prevailing rate. If you register and are unable to secure a room Monday-Friday the standard event cancellation policy will apply. Please note: if needed, you are responsible for organizing and requesting a late checkout directly with the hotel.
If you become unable to attend this workshop, please notify us as soon as possible by email to email@example.com so your testing reservation can be released to other members with products to test. Companies that no-show or do not cancel their testing reservation(s) for the upcoming workshop in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (PT) Sunday, November 2, 2014 will not be eligible to test at the next scheduled Compliance Workshop, and subject to a $500 cancellation fee. The cancellation fee must be paid before the company will be eligible to register for future workshops. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Mandatory On-Site Check-in:
SuperSpeed USB Host and Hub and SuperSpeed Compound Device
A special, mandatory check-in session will be held Monday, November 10th at 2:00PM for system, motherboard and hub vendors in the USB-IF Hospitality Suite. System/motherboard/hub vendors must be set-up and prepared to begin testing at 8:00AM Tuesday, November 11thand staff their stationary suite for interoperability testing through 3:00PM on Friday, November 14th.
We have separated SuperSpeed peripheral testing into two different testing periods. Please make sure to select one of the two testing periods when you register for the event.
1. Tuesday, November 11th - Wednesday, November 12th
2. Thursday, November 13th - Friday, November 14th
SuperSpeed USB Peripheral vendors must check-in to the Hospitality Suite one day prior to your testing slot.
1. Slot 1 (Tuesday, November 11th - Wednesday, November 12th) must check-in on Monday, November 10th between 3:00PM - 4:00PM. Testing will take place November 11th - Wednesday, November 12th from 8:00AM - 6:00PM.
2. Slot 2 (Thursday, November 13th - Friday, November 14th) must check-in on Wednesday, November 12th between 4:00PM and 5:00PM. Testing will take place Thursday, November 13th from 8:00AM - 6:00PM and Friday, November 14th from 8:00AM - 3:00PM.
SuperSpeed USB Peripherals do not need to host a stationary suite.
Non Cert Vendor Stationary Suite
Non Cert Vendor Stationary Suite vendors must check-in on Monday, November 10th from 2:00PM - 4:00PM in order to be placed on the printed schedule. Non Cert Vendor Hosted Stationary Suite vendors are automatically scheduled for testing all week (Tuesday, November 11th – Friday, November 14th). If you would like a different schedule please notify email@example.com.
Test Session Notes:
· The USB-IF intends to test battery-powered devices with a dead battery in addition to normal testing. Bringing your product with a discharged battery (i.e. device will not turn on) is required. This is to investigate dead battery current consumption with the potential to become a compliance requirement in the future.
· Products may also be tested through the USB-IF Certified Test Facilities. Please visit http://www.usb.org/developers/compliance/labs/ for a list of certified facilities.
· Complete event details and registration for this workshop are available at http://www.usb.org/app/members/events/.